Convert your savings into flexible retirement income
Access your money when you need it, for whatever you need it for in retirement.
What is a RRIF?
It’s like a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) in reverse. An RRSP helps you save for retirement through annual contributions. A RRIF does the opposite, requiring you to take minimum annual withdrawals from your savings to help fund your retirement.
How does it work?
- Convert your RRSP to a RRIF at any time, before Dec. 31 of the year you turn 71.
- Choose how you’ll invest your money.
- The government determines the minimum amount you must take out each year.
- However, you have flexibility on how much you withdraw over the minimum amount and when you’ll receive it.
- All your RRIF withdrawals are taxable as employment income.
- Use our handy calculator to see how much income you’ll get from your retirement savings.
Click on the link for more details : https://bit.ly/3i4i9cW